Monday, January 28, 2008

I know i used to struggle. But if I am aware of what's happening, I am fine. So my advice? Always turn up to meetings and ensure you get there in plenty of time. The staff will be taking time out of their regular duties to see you so be sure you attend and not wasteeverybody?s time. When discussing problems, stick to specifics and don?t talk in general terms. For example, instead of saying something like ?This term looks like being a waste of time?, pinpoint where there is a problem. ?I feel such and such is not working for Stephen, can we alter it in some way so his needs are better met?? is much more effective. Offer to assist in the classroom from time to time or volunteer your services on field trips or school fetes. Actively involve yourself in the school community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home